RULES & REGULATIONS
On all school days except Wednesday and Saturday the boys should wear the school uniform consisting of Khaki Trousers, White Shirt, Tie, school belt and black shoes with black socks. The girl students are expected to wear waistcoat and black legging. On Wednesdays students have to wear according to their group colour dress. On Saturdays white trouser and white shirt to be worn.
A boy / girl who doesn’t come to class in uniform must bring a note of reason in his calendar, signed by his / her parents / guardian or else, he / she is liable to be sent home or necessary action is going to be imposed on him or her.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
No leave of absence is granted except on PREVIOUS WRITTEN APPLICATION from parent or guardian and that too, only for serious reasons which should be mentioned.
In case of illness, a leave application with medical certificate should be sent on the 1st day of absence. More than 3 days leave due to any illness, a medical certificate is a MUST on return of the candidate to the school and it should be signed by the Principal and submitted to the class teacher.
ABSENCE WITHOUT LEAVE
Absence without leave for one continuous period of 10 days will lead to the removal of the student from the school. He/She should be readmitted with a fine of rupees 200/-
During the exam days the students will not be permitted to home after the exam . They should come to the school only if they can sit in the class the whole day.
No student who has been absent from school or is late to the school will be admitted to class without a note of reason from the parent / guardian and the Principal’s signature is a must.
A True Montfortian Student:
- is punctual, polite and well mannered at all times
- is an honest person in all circumstances
- is always generous to the poor, sick and suffering
- is courageous in the phase of adversities
- respects all in word and action and has a good civic sense
- doing little things for the fellow beings in an extraordinary manner
- Students are strictly forbidden to take part in any political activities
- Every student should look after his / her own after belongings
The Principal’s Sanction is Required
- To make a collection for any purpose what so ever
- To arrange for a meeting, a party, a picnic etc.
- To leave the school premises during the working hours
- For any student to join a sports meet or to play in the tournament outside the school
- To arrange for private tuition by teachers of the school or other teachers
- For any parent or visitor to meet pupils or teachers during the working hours
Common Dress Code
- Hats/Caps or sun glasses are not to be worn in the class rooms
- Pants / trousers / skirts must be fitted to the waist
- Discreet ear-rings are permitted for girls only; no other ornaments are permitted
- Piercing of any other parts of the body is not permitted
- Mehendi, tattoos or other skin decorations are not allowed
- Boys must have well groomed hair
- Nails must be cut regularly and no student is permitted to grow nails
OTHER RESTRICTIONS IN THE SCHOOL
- Chewing gum is prohibited on campus
- Low moral standard books are not permitted in the school
- Students are not allowed to bring valuables like gold chains, cameras, I pods, disc man, costly watches or such type of articles
- Every student must bring the calendar to have the detailed information regarding the teaching learning experiences in the school according to CCE pattern
- Repeated violation will lead to disciplinary action
- A student should be polite in speech, courteous in manners, neat in person and clothes, God fearing, loving and service minded young citizens
- Student should speak only English in the school premises
- The management reserves the right to amend or change these rules and regulations or introduce new ones according to need and for valid reasons
Class Room Decorum :
- Litter is not to be strewn around the class rooms and surroundings
- Students are not permitted to consume water or food stuff while classes are going on
- The student who is sick must inform the class teacher and take permission from the Principal / Supervisor to leave the school
- The Class leader must ensure that all windows are closed, lights and fans are switched off while the class leaves for outdoor activities or at the end of the day
- Use of any health harming stuff in the campus are points of Zero tolerance
Violation of student code of conduct: The Principal has the discretionary power to decide if any student violates or disrupts or interferes the school environment or the institutional process. The Principal has the discretionary power to suspend or dismiss any student on disciplinary ground.
If a student violates the rules and the regulations,
- Discussion between teacher and student or academic supervisor and Principal
- Student submits a written apology to class teacher and Principal
- Bringing to the parent’s notice through Principal and suspension (discretion of the Principal)
- Students may be given additional service-oriented task or detention
- Record of students report maintained in Principal’s office (Anecdotal Report)
- Parents can meet the Principal usually between 8:30 a.m to 10.00 a.m & 3.00 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. or by appointment. Parent’s co-operation is indispensable for the proper education of children. Parents are requested to keep in touch with the school authorities about their children’s progress frequently. Parents are also requested to do their part in enforcing student habits, regularity and discipline in their children.
- Progress report is sent through the pupils and the remarks may be noted.
- Parents should read and sign the message sent them from time to time through the student by the Teacher or the Principal in the Diary. They should also acknowledge the calendar, circulars or letters sent to them from time to time.
- A student who mutilates or loses his / her progress report will have to Purchase another one.
- Parents should personally collect the progress report whenever they are required to do so.
- Teachers and pupils are strictly forbidden to receive visitors during class hours and as such the parents / guardians may not meet students or teachers in the school premises without the Prior permission of the Principal
- Parents and guardian should bring any complaints they may have to the Principal, not to the teachers directly.
- The Parents should clear the fee dues with out delay and should respond whenever a message or a call is made.
Every day attendance is marked in the morning and afternoon immediately after the prayer and before the teaching begins. A student who is not present at the time of attendance loses attendance for that session. As 90% of the attendance is required for promotion, students who come late often can lose promotion. Consideration of attendance will be given only to those who secure at least 40% of marks and those who participate in state, national or international
The fee for each Installment should be paid by 10th of that term or, the next working day, if 10th happens to be a holiday, a fine of ` 25/- is charged after that date till the end of the month. If the fee is not paid by the end of the month, the student is liable to be sent home in addition to the late fee of Rs. 25/- per month.
TIMINGS FOR FEE PAYMENT
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Fee is charged for every month of the year including holidays. Fee for the month of April and May should be paid before the commencement of the Annual Examination.
FEE RATES & CONCESSION
- As fees are revised, the rates are supplied to the students every year in the fee cards.
- To encourage the underprivileged and economically backward communities, fee concession may be considered by the management at the time of admission only provided they are not in receipt of any scholarship or Govt. grant.
STUDENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
- As I belong to this school I shall be loyal to it. It shall be my constant endeavor to uphold the hon our and the best tradition of my school.
- I shall conduct myself with due respect to the school authorities and staff, greet them and obey their legitimate orders.
- As cleanliness is next to Godliness, I shall be clean, and take good care of my books and other belongings. I shall keep my school and its surrounding as clean as possible.
- I shall be punctual to school.
- I shall always be truthful, and never give or take dishonest help.
- I shall always be ready to lend a helping hand at home to my parents, brother and sister, and in school to my teachers and companions
- I shall never use foul language but always speak politely, using ‘Sorry’, Thank you’, ‘Please’ Pardon me, May I, Can I , as often as I can.
- I shall practice tolerance and brotherliness.
- I shall not leave the class without the teacher’s permission and the school without the Principal’s permission.
- I know that writing or scribbling on the walls and furniture is a serious offence. So I shall refrain from it.
- I shall work hard and study my lessons regularly without putting off the day’s work for the next day.
- I shall not eat or chew anything during the class.
- I shall not take part in any political activity, or join any disruptive groups, knowing fully well that my primary duty is to acquire knowledge and equip myself for my future life. The medium of instruction being English, the rule of language in the school premises is ENGLISH.
- I shall complete my home works, projects and other assignments on time
- Parents are requested to go through the Calendar carefully and make a study of the rules and regulations. The diary part of the calendar contains the home-work the students are expected to do at home. The home works are sent to the parents every day through SMS
- Children should do their home-work by themselves. They should not be helped in it by you or by tutors, unless they really need It. It is important that the children develop a habit of study and work on their own.
- Parents are reminded that engaging private tutor for their children may prove injurious to their progress in studies. Hence, no student may take private tuition in any subject especially from the teachers of his / her school without first consulting the Principal.
- Parents should check all the note books of children periodically and make sure that the written work in all subjects is up to date.
- Parents are contacted on telephone only in cases of emergencies such as serious injury, accidents, taking ill suddenly , and not to inform them about the ordinary disciplinary measures taken against their wards.
- Parents are expected to intimate to the school any change in residential address without fail
- Criticism of a teacher should be avoided in the presence of the child because it undermines his / her respect for the teachers. If you have a legitimate complaint, please bring it to the notice of the Principal. Any such complaint made to him will be most welcome, as this could help in the better functioning of the school.
- Parents, guardians and others may not meet students or their teachers during the school hours, without the sanction of the Principal. However, they can meet them or their teachers either during the lunch break or between 4.00 p.m. and 4.30 p.m. daily. On Saturdays, they can meet the teachers between 1:00 p.m. and 1.30 p.m.
- You are requested to pay special attention to the personal cleanliness of your child and that he / she attends the school in the prescribed uniform. As the Medium of Instruction in this school is in English, children should be helped to follow their class easily and intelligently by a certain amount of regular English conversation even at home.
- If a child is absent without valid permission for more than 10 days, his/her name will be struck off the register. However, he may be re-admitted provided the seat is still vacant by paying the re-admission fee.
- Every child has to get at least four pairs of school uniform. If a child fails to wear the uniform without any serious reason, the child has to bring a note of reason in the calendar failing which he / she may be sent home.
- Parents can meet the Principal between 3.00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on all working days and on other times by appointments.
- Parents are expected to do their part in enforcing regularity and they should see that the children prepare their lessons. They should make sure that the children especially in the higher classes devote about two hours in the morning and three hours in the evening to study. They are requested to go through the answer scripts of all tests and examinations and sign them. If the children do not show the answer scripts, they are requested to contact the Principal.
- Parents / guardians are informed that the reports and messages sent by teachers in the Calendar should be read and signed without fail. Failure to do so may put their children to great inconvenience.
- Parents / guardians should make it a point to visit the school and meet the Principal at least once a month to enquire about the progress of their children.